- Discipling of Sister Bas – Pray for the sister who accepted Christ in June and is now back in her home country for the summer. May she connect solidly to the house church while there and be able to share the Gospel with her husband before she returns to our city in August.
- Obnoxious Troubles at Arise Home – The newly elected and emboldened government in India has greatly increased pressure on our Arise Home: multiplied inspections, more requirements and reporting, forcing our home to accept new girls though we are at full capacity, restricting spiritual development, etc. I just called and an inspection is taking place at this moment. Please pray for less government interference and an end to the exhausting, non-stop hassle. Other groups do not face the same govt interest.
- July-August Speaking Schedule – We would love to see you if you are in the area! Contact us for more details.FBC Destin, Destin, FL – 14 July (possibly).
Mountain Brook Baptist Birmingham, AL – 18 July.
Home Gathering, Nashville, TN – 21 July.
Journey Church, Chattanooga, TN – 21 July.
Home Gathering, Knoxville, TN – 26 July.
Signal Mtn Pres, Signal Mtn, TN – 28 July.
Cadence Coffee, Chattanooga, TN – 28 July.
River Church, Chattanooga, TN – 31 July.
Home Gathering, Chattanooga, TN – 1 August.
Burks UMC, Chattanooga, TN – 4 August.
- Personal – Pray God will show us where we need to be: with family, with ministry partners, with time to recharge.
- Voice for the Voiceless in India – Praise God for a new translation underway in a NE Indian language (Rongmei). Just saw pics of the smiling translator typing on a laptop. Fun! Pray for the villages and tribal groups who will soon hear about the value of life.
- Security Challenges – One of our long-time partners is having difficulty sharing reports and images. We know the work is going on, and we do not doubt that. But their nation’s security situation makes our partner hesitant, even with encryption and private networks. The only option may be a personal visit to exchange information. Appreciate prayers for wisdom.
- Ballia School New Enrollees and Migration – Praise God that this year 132 new students have increased the enrollment to 535. Pray also for 90 previous students from last year who left when their families migrated. May these families and children continue to hear about Jesus in their new locations.
- 10/40 Board – Pray for our board’s wisdom as we gather 19-20 July. Looking forward to enjoying great updates and fellowship (and some new babies) along with doing organizational business.
- Personal – Pray God will continue to shine His face upon our family. Pray for protection for our family, for strength, and for stamina as we seek to walk in-step with the Spirit.
- A Bore Well Brings Peace – In the village of Kakra, known for communal violence and curfews, there are currently zero churches and zero Christians. They had only salty, sulfurous water to drink. A local church planter initiated with us to install a water well in Kakra. Now 500+ people have water access and the planter has gained a strong hearing, with many families seeing the tangible love of Jesus. Pray these initial stages will lead to much fruit.
- Voice for the Voiceless in Nepal – Pray for the 7 national regions and the selection of the right regional leaders for VFV. We are half-way through the training process and need wisdom in selection. Trusted personnel are vital.
- Lunch Change – Pray for the students in our 25 schools who began the new school year last month. Pray for the teachers, for the families who are growing to value education, and for the ongoing growth of house churches that began in previous years.
- Odisha School Construction – Monsoon season has begun, but external work continues with the boundary wall, tube well, and outside toilets. The main construction should begin in early August. Pray for good weather and no injuries.
- Personal – Pray Phoebe’s speech will continue to develop and that God will prepare her heart and life for kindergarten. We have heard some new sounds this month! Pray for more